Job reference number: ALL/ALL/1450760
When you work at Allianz, you're part of a strong global insurer, helping to protect over 3 million Australians. We value diverse thinking, so your ideas and innovative mindset will be warmly welcomed. You'll experience a friendly environment working with talented people, where you'll be included and have your capabilities recognised. And you'll be supported to reach your full potential and enjoy an enriching career.
- Working 20 hours a week part-time whilst completing your study
- Bespoke internship program to build your Accounting skills and experience
- Hands-on role with dedicated coaching and development support
Our unique Finance Semester Internship Program will provide you with the opportunity to receive a highly tailored and supportive early career experience.
As a Finance Intern you will have the opportunity to work amongst a high performing Finance division and will be involved and exposed to a number of our key Finance functions, this may include:
- Managing reporting and financial planning: You will gain exposure to how our monthly reporting cycle works as well as gaining exposure to our Financial Planning and budgeting process. This will involve working closely with senior internal stakeholders.
- Statutory Reporting: You will gain exposure to how we manage statutory reporting and financial control processes. This will include preparing Financial Statements and working with external auditors and senior managers to get them approved.
- Accounting systems: Through all your rotations you will gain exposure and skills in using a variety of accounting and data warehouse systems.
To be successful in this role, you are highly numerate, analytical thinkers who learn and adapt quickly, have strong interpersonal skills and are able to develop relationships with key stakeholders.
What else is on offer?
- Flexible Semester Internship that allows you to balance your study and work commitment.
- On-the-job development and technical training to assist you to accelerate your skills.
- Professional development opportunities to continue to build your business and leadership skills.
- Regular support, mentoring and leadership through Senior Leaders and our Talent Management team.
- An attractive range of employee benefits, including insurance at discounted rates, community support programs and flexible leave arrangements.
- Market competitive remuneration.
To be eligible to apply:
- You are a penultimate year or final year undergraduate student studying Accounting or Finance.
- You will be available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week during your semester internship.
- You are an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or hold Australian Permanent Residency at the time of application.
- You must attach your most up to date University results in the form of an Academic Transcript or university-issued proof of results (for example, screen shot of online university portal).
- You must attach a cover letter outlining your suitability to the role and a resume.
Applications will close on Wednesday 8 April 2020, 12pm AEST.
For those who dare, here is your home, Interns.